Rovinj, a romantic town with venetian style within the research area (photo credit: Tourist board of Rovinj)
COST*: interested volunteers are welcome to ask for further info about the pricing.
The volunteer packages are only possible as an 11 day unit in the team dates indicated. All mentioned points above and all needed equipment for the research is included in the volunteer fee. Click here for a currency converter.
*Insurance for the stay, transport to and from the research base are not included for the volunteers.
For more information about the research site, payment options (it is possible to pay also with PayPal) please email all questions and concerns to email@example.com. We will send to interested volunteers more detailed information about the research project, your stay, the program and the booking form.
Volunteering for Vivamar represents a fantastic opportunity for you to:
- gain first hand insight into a day in the life of a bottlenose dolphin and all the threats that they face.
- learn about Biology, Ecology and Conservation of Marine Mammals. Volunteers can also gain deeper insight into their physiology, ethology… You will have a scientific supervision while working with data.
- meet and work with a competent and engaging team of like-minded people. Volunteers most likely also learn about other cultures and languages!
- raise awareness about the importance of the dolphins’ role in the Slovenian and the rest of the Adriatic Sea.
- enjoy the Mediterranean sun and crystal blue water. A BLAST for any (marine) volunteer!
- Besides the dolphins – the most what our marine volunteer enthusiastic souls like – is – no matter the age 😉 – snorkeling from the research boat directly into the blue, off the dreamy islands in the research area.
How each single volunteer helps?
With Vivamar professional support, volunteers will help fill in our dolphin data into the database. You will learn how to use photo identification methods to distinguish one dolphin from the other. We also love when volunteers are proficient with social media. This way they can take advantage of social media platforms and advocate our dolphin activities. In some teams volunteers will be helping to prepare, depending on the dates, and attend local awareness events that Vivamar organizes. Such events are great opportunities for volunteers to engage with the local public and raise awareness about bottlenose dolphins in the area and their importance for the entire marine ecosystem.
A bottlenose dolphin family passing our research – volunteer boat.
Happy faces – enthusiastic playful marine volunteers after a great dolphin encounter.
A playful young bottlenose dolphin performing a spy-hopping right into the stunning faces of our volunteers…
Prepare for your life to change…
Our Marine Volunteers see the world differently after they have helped in our team. As a volunteer, you will learn more about the dolphins’ status and the problems that they face. You will be able to understand how similar dynamics affect other beautiful, fragile, biodiverse places in the world. Volunteers see similarities and differences, and come to understand them. We hope that you can take knowledge away from here, find a place you think is special that needs help, and start inspiring the people around you! Preserve and protect that place, including all the plants and animals within it.
Vivamar alumni marine students discussing about the dolphin topic and giving lectures to our volunteers.